- The Client was an emerging BNPL lender seeking its first non-related party wholesale debt facility in 2017
Since providing the first facility, the
- The Client has grown significantly and listed on the ASX
- Like many Fintech and BNPL lenders, the Client’s requirements have evolved significantly since inception
- GCI initially provided a $10 million wholesale facility which has since been expanded to $20 million and further to $30 million, with an additional $10 million capacity available to be tapped on the same terms
- Since providing the initial wholesale facility, GCI has increased the LVR of the facility twice in response to the Client proving out their business model
- Over the course of our funding relationship, our Client spent over 24 months engaging with a mainstream debt provider
- GCI has regularly amended its facility as the Client’s needs have changed, with approvals consistently being provided within 3 business days
Providing Value Added Credit
With GCI’s team’s experience, we have been able to provide insights into credit policy changes which the Client’s internal team were previously unaware of, and have given them a greater level of security.
As the Client has grown their requirements have changed and GCI has regularly updated our facility covenants within tight timeframes to accommodate their evolving business model.
Our open and trusted relationship with our Client meant GCI’s founders were able to connect them with a premier senior executive with a strong banking and consulting background to fill an Independent Non-Executive Director seat. GCI was also able to connect the Client with their new CEO, who has over 20 years’ experience in payments and banking.