- The Client is a niche small business unsecured lender
- The Client had historically been funded by High Net Worth (HNW) investors and sought a wholesale facility to allow full executive focus on running the business
- The Client was below the scale of being able to attract the attention of mainstream wholesale funders
- GCI provided a $25 million facility to double the Client’s growth without charging any line fees
- GCI allowed the Client to fund a portion of their equity contribution with their existing HNW investor network to facilitate capital efficiency
- After the initial two year term, GCI extended the facility in September 2020 to assist working through COVID-19 challenges
- When COVID-19 began to impact the Client’s portfolio, GCI worked proactively with the Client to restructure their facility to allow for the fastest return to business as usual
- GCI proactively engaged with the Client to assist them to manage their risk during this period and charged no default fees
Providing Value Added Credit
GCI has assisted the Client with building out a best-in-class business intelligence system to allow them to better understand the risks inherent in their own portfolio.
GCI was able to act rapidly upon the onset of COVID-19 to give both the Client and their shareholders confidence that they had the support of their lender to manage the situation as they saw fit.
GCI has introduced the Client to a number of acquisition targets, through our origination network and market knowledge.
Over the two years, GCI has had a wholesale facility in place with the Client, we have adjusted the facility’s eligibility criteria and portfolio parameters on five different occasions to allow the business to grow in new directions as it identified new opportunities.
We provide more than just funding, we provide
Value Added Credit
The case studies below outline how we work with our borrower clients to understand their specific requirements and provide flexible funding structures that enable them to continue to grow.